Is your nonprofit looking to improve cybersecurity, reduce costs, and work more efficiently? Microsoft 365 offers a powerful solution to achieve these goals. With many helpful resources designed specifically for nonprofits, as well as full onboarding support, Microsoft 365 is a great choice for nonprofits who want to streamline their services and increase their mission impact. Continue reading to learn more about Microsoft’s features and to see how these tools can support your organization.
Microsoft 365 Overview
Microsoft 365 is an all-in-one operating system solution that is completely customizable for your needs and budget. There are many tools your team can utilize daily to increase productivity, collaborate more efficiently, and stay secure. Because nonprofits have diverse technology needs, your organization can choose from four licensing plans and “mix and match” services depending on your specific requirements. You also have the flexibility to upgrade or downgrade your plan at any point.
Here are the four different plans you can choose from:
- Microsoft 365 Business: Designed for small to medium-sized organizations.
- Microsoft 365 F1: Intended for “first line” workers who need basic computing needs.
- Microsoft 365 E3 and E5: Enterprise nonprofit plans for organizations that have more than 300 employees.
Here is a preview of the tools available with Microsoft 365:
- Office applications (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, etc.) are cloud-based, so you and your team can work securely anywhere, anytime.
- Top-notch security to protect your team and data with automatic updates, threat protection, information protection, secure authentication and more.
- Central management tools to streamline your IT services and manage them all in one place.
- Automation tools like Flow and AI Builder allow you to build custom solutions tailored to your organization.
- Full onboarding assistance and support with TechSoup to ensure you’re set up for success.
- Additional features for nonprofits such as Business Premium grants for 10 free Microsoft users, volunteer use benefits, Microsoft Digital Skills Center courses, and more.
Microsoft 365 Benefits
Implementing Microsoft 365 is an excellent first step in becoming a more digital and agile organization. While there are many benefits to Microsoft 365, one of the top benefits TechSoup mentions is that it can “support and increase your ability to use data to make decisions — with your beneficiaries, within your organization, and with fellow changemakers in your community.” With the right technology in place, your organization can scale up while keeping costs in check.
Here are a few additional benefits Microsoft 365 offers:
- Share and collaborate anywhere with cloud-based tools. This helps your team work better together and have greater impact.
- Secure your organization — from your donor data to your team’s personal information. Stay ahead of hackers as cyberattacks become more prevalent and sophisticated.
- Manage updates and devices automatically, reducing costs for additional IT and overhead.
- Join the Microsoft 365 nonprofit community via community chats and events to connect with the Microsoft 365 team and other nonprofits with similar technology challenges.
Connect With Varsity
Need assistance implementing these tools? Varsity has the IT skills and the nonprofit experience to support your organization and Microsoft 365. Contact us to discuss how Microsoft 365 can help your nonprofit achieve more. We look forward to showing you how these solutions can improve your team’s productivity, communication, and collaboration.