IT Systems EngineerIT Systems Engineer https://www.varsitytech.com/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Patrick Ciccarelli https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/bb5ec3abdc4aab7d2b6ef7177bfd12b5?s=96&d=retro&r=g
IT Systems Engineer
About the Team
The Engineering team consists of a talented and experienced group of engineers. They are passionate about Varsity’s values and our purpose in the social impact space. They are also a group of professionals that enjoys helping customers and solving their problems with interesting technology solutions. As a member of this team, you’ll be a part of and contribute to this great culture of learning, problem solving, and supporting both customers and Varsity’s internal teams. We are looking for someone who wants to be a part of this positive culture and is deeply motivated to experience accelerated growth in their knowledge and skills.
About the Role
As an IT Systems Engineer, you will have a great opportunity to begin your career in technology. You will be part of a triage tier of support with an opportunity to use new tools, learn our processes, and get hands on experience working directly with our customers. Your position will start with your onboarding and move into your bootcamp. Once through the bootcamp, we will work alongside you to explain how everything is done, to show you, and then to shadow you during those first few months of your tenure.
This position is ideal for anyone who enjoys problem solving, rapidly learning new technologies and technology environments, and is patient (and dare we say fanatical) about delivering a great customer experience.
You’re Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will
- Collaborate with engineers on direction and details to resolve escalated service requests
- Use root cause analysis methodology to identify causes of system or applicationserrors
- Oversee daily and weekly maintenance of customer management systems and resolve failures and errors
- Oversee daily and weekly monitoring, maintenance, and reporting of backup and recovery operation
- Monitor and schedule service escalations from systems and internal teams
- Support knowledge transfer of issue resolution to other team members with the goal of preventing future escalations
- Collaborate with your engineering peers and leadership team on new solutions and technologies, especially cloud based in Azure and AWS
- Maintain an in-depth working knowledge of customer products and services.
- Have an opportunity to continuously improve processes and procedures with a specific goal of automating where possible
We’re Excited About You Because
- You have prior experience administering Microsoft Cloud technologies including Microsoft 365 and Azure Active Directory
- You have designed, configured, and supported complex IP based networks
- You have supported technologies from Fortinet, Vmware, Google Gsuite and are excited to bring your skills to Varsity
- You have provided hands-on experience configuring Meraki and Extreme Network switch and wireless environments
- You’ve supported the creation and use of scripting technologies including Powershell
- You believe that knowledge is power and you want a job where you can share what you know
- You love to figure out the cause of the problem but also provide realistic solutions that help your customer focus on their social impact work
- You want to excel your career to new opportunities in technology
- You are a strong communicator who takes the time listen to your clients and peers
- You have a higher education background where you’ve studied computer science, business information systems, or a similar technology field
You’ll Love Working at Varsity
- We are more than a company. More than just tech or services. Varsity is a social justice company rooted in the belief that by continually giving knowledge to others, we support each individual to be a free thinker, support their right for equality, and empower them to make the best decisions regarding technology.
- We are an agile company – we always are improving
- We believe our employees are what make us great
- Every individual is responsible for doing their part and allowing teams to self-organize for the betterment of our customers
- Our employee benefits are about supporting families and individuals to have wellness in their lives
- We support our team members in their personal time of need with special employee loan programs, financial education, peer support, and always coming from a place of best intent
- We are always searching for a new way to use technology to better organizations (and us!) in the social impact space
- We push ourselves every day to fight for our customers with relentless service
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER SEEKING INDIVIDUALS WHO VALUE AND WILL SUPPORT A FRIENDLY, TEAM-ORIENTED AND DRUG FREE WORKPLACE. APPLICANTS MAY BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG SCREEN PRIOR TO COMMENCING EMPLOYMENT.